Monday to Friday office hours
Based in Horsham St. Faith, Norwich
£25,000 - £30,000 Permanent (subject to 3 month probation)
Passionate about Front-End Development? Keen to work on a web-based app that could revolutionise the way students make University and Apprenticeship choices? Then get in touch! COA is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and inspirational team player to join our ICT team in both refreshing our existing products and developing innovative new systems. Working closely with our in-house back-end development team you will be involved in agreeing data contracts to back-end services, designing and developing stylish interfaces, building rapid prototypes, user testing, as well as building and evolving end-user products and websites
Though primarily a technical position, an appreciation of design, user experience (UX) and flow is a must.
Background about COA
For over 30 years Cambridge Occupational Analysts (COA) has worked with the educational sector in the UK and overseas to deliver a fully comprehensive range of careers and higher education programs including aptitude tests. The technical quality of the programs is paramount and they are continually developed and checked throughout the year.
Located in Horsham St. Faith (just outside Norwich) COA continue to deliver and support a wide variety of programs internationally from their base. See http://www.coa.co.uk/
- Excellent knowledge of HTML
- Excellent knowledge of CSS
- Understanding and use of responsive design
- Understanding of data exchange with APIs
- Use of newest web standards (HTML 5, CSS 3)
- Flexible approach to tasks and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork
- Experience of supporting older browsers gracefully
- Use of front-end frameworks (i.e. Angular, React, or equivalent)
- Experience of integrating with RESTful API
- Experience of hybrid app development (Ionic/Cordova etc)
- Excellent knowledge of jQuery
- Proven advanced use of JSON
- Proven advanced use of XML
- Experience of Bootstrap
- Experience of CSS pre-processors (LESS, SASS, etc)
- Experience of SCM system (such as GIT)
- Knowledge of the Design Process
- Understanding of UX/UI best practice
- Understanding of web accessibility standards and goals
- Excellent eye for visual design and arrangement
- Experience of building web sites/systems from scratch
- Track record of working with non-technical partners
Please note: an application must meet the essential criteria above, desirable criteria are not essential but it is expected a successful application would be able to learn skills in all the areas if required.
No specific qualifications are required as this role is flexible based upon the skill & passion of the successful applicant, with flexibility and enthusiasm the more important characteristics.
Role and Responsibilities
Primary responsibility will be building the front-end of web systems, either from scratch going through an initial prototyping/feedback phase and then iteratively building solutions for testing or the evolution of existing assets within the company. The ideal candidate would be a flexible and engaged team player willing to undertake a great deal of different tasks and provide input both on a technical and design-oriented basis.
The company is going through an extensive and exciting period of change driven around innovative ICT projects, and it is foreseen the post holder would be able to work on a wide range of exciting new projects.
Please forward your CV and covering email to [email protected].